Cyber attacks are increasing, and so is their complexity. This, added to the fact that more and more people are working remotely, makes security a highly critical aspect in companies.
This context and the lack of qualified professionals in this field has motivated the creation of a new line of training and certification by Microsoft based on job roles and specific functions: courses and certifications in security, compliance and identity at the fundamentals and role levels. -based. The new official course SC-300: Microsoft Identity and Access Administrator, to give an example, focuses 100% on identity and access management. The SC-400: Microsoft Information Protection Administrator course, however, is focused on information protection.
In the post we will talk about this new branch of training launched by the multinational, going into the detail of the certifications that make it up and the associated courses that PUE, as a Gold Training Partnerhas incorporated in its training catalog at Microsoft.
Before getting into the courses, we would like to share some interesting facts about the gap between demand vs. supply of qualified profiles in the field of security.
Organizations at risk due to lack of specialized security professionals
The (ISC)₂, a body that offers security certifications and annually monitors this market, carried out a study where he 56% of respondents said their organizations are at risk due to the shortage of personnel in this sector.
According to the study of this organism, we find a estimated global shortage of 3.12 million security professionals. To meet anticipated demand, the sector would need to grow by approximately 41% in the US and 89% worldwide.
The lack of qualified professionals in this area is obvious. As it is, in the current context, the fact that companies have to be able to guarantee organizational protection. And that entails, as an imperative, having an effective cybersecurity team.
Official Microsoft courses to master the areas of Security, Compliance and Identity
Becoming a qualified and specialized professional in one of the areas that make up the field of security is in your hands. You can train in the security solutions offered by Microsoft through its official training and certification starting with a level course Fundamentals or, well, bet on a course Role based, depending on your profile, knowledge and expertise in the matter. The role-based courses have, logically, a higher difficulty aligned with their higher level of specialization.
Available courses associated with the new Microsoft certifications in security:
SC-900: Microsoft Security, Compliance, and Identity
- Approach / Content: In this course the student will become familiar with the fundamentals of security, regulatory compliance (compliance) and identity in cloud-based and related Microsoft services.
- Profile: Anyone interested in learning the basics of security, organizational compliance, and identity management in Microsoft environments.
AZ-500: Microsoft Azure Security Technologies
- Approach / Content: In this course, candidates will gain the knowledge and skills necessary to implement security controls in an enterprise, maintain its security posture, and identify and correct vulnerabilities through the use of a wide variety of security tools.
- Profile: Interest in training in the various Azure security technologies with at least one year of work experience securing Azure workloads as well as experience with Azure security controls.
MS-500: Microsoft 365 Security Administrator
- Approach / Content: This course covers user password protection, multi-factor authentication, how to enable Azure Identity Protection, how to configure Active Directory Federation Services, how to configure and use Azure AD Connect, and also introduces Conditional Access.
- Profile: Professionals who need to respond to potential threats, implement, manage, and monitor security and compliance solutions for a Microsoft 365 environment.
SC-200: Microsoft Security Operations Analyst
- Approach / Content: This course will teach the candidate to investigate, respond to, search for, and mitigate threats using Microsoft security, compliance, and identity solutions.
- Profile: Professionals who have to be in charge, through the use of different Microsoft technical tools, of the protection of a company’s information technology systems.
SC-300: Microsoft Identity and Access Administrator
- Approach / Content: This course provides the knowledge and skills necessary to implement identity management solutions based on Microsoft Azure Active Directory (AD) and connected identity technologies.
- Profile: System administrators or engineers who need to specialize in providing identity solutions and access management systems for Azure-based solutions.
SC-400: Microsoft Information Protection Administrator
- Approach / Content: This course teaches information protection in a Microsoft 365 deployment with a focus on data governance and information protection within an organization.
- Profile: Professionals in charge of creating policies and rules for content classification, data loss prevention, governance and protection of a company’s systems.
At PUE you can train and get certified in Microsoft technologies
Are Gold Learning Partner Microsoft, authorized by said multinational to provide official training in its technologies. Also, like Pearson VUE official certifying center, We facilitate the management of the exam for the candidate, offering the possibility of taking the certification exam in Our facilities or, if you prefer, remotely through the option Online Proctored. This modality allows you to attend an official Microsoft certification from any location with a simple internet connection.
PUE Certification Services makes available to companies and professionals a online exam booking platform.
Do you want to focus your professional profile on security through the use of different Microsoft tools and technologies? We help you!
Links of interest
Training and official certification in Microsoft security courses
Official Microsoft Certifications
Turn your data into competitive advantages with Power BI and Azure
email@example.com for official Microsoft training.
firstname.lastname@example.org for official certification at Microsoft.